YCteen Essay Contest
1st Prize $150 | 2nd Prize $75 | 3rd Prize $50
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 19.
- Essays should be no more than 800 words.
- They must be true stories written by you. This is a non-fiction essay contest; fictional entries or plagiarized entries will be disqualified and you will not be allowed to enter our contest again.
- If you win, your story will be published on our website and in our print issue. Tell us if you want your story to be printed anonymously—but you should still type in your full name and complete address so we know where to mail your check if you win.
- Current YCteen or Represent writers may not enter the essay contest.
- You MUST provide your full name, age, and a U.S. address to win.
- Essays may be edited by Youth Communication editors for brevity and clarity. All entries become property of Youth Communication.
CONTEST QUESTION #221
Deadline: Friday, Dec. 20, 2013
What are the parts of yourself you're most proud of and why? Then tell us what aspects you'd like to change or improve upon.
You may also submit your essay by mail, fax, or email. Please print your first and last name, your email address, school, home address, age, and phone number clearly on your entry.
Mail: YCteen, 224 W. 29th St., 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001