Teen Dating & Violence
The teen years have many memories associated with them, one of the most memorable being dating. Teens look for affirmation more than ever, and many times that is found in a dating relationship. Dating can be a good thing, but always be aware, that dating doesn't always go as planned.
Did you know that:
- 1 in 4 women experience violence from their partners in a lifetime
- 1 in 3 teens experience sexual or physical abuse or threats from a boyfriend or girlfriend in one year
- 1 in 6 women are survivors of sexual assault
- 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual victimization in their lives
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men were sexually abused before the age of 18
Dating should be a happy give and take relationship between two people. If you experience any warning signs, you should contact a trusted adult, the authorities, or discuss anonymously.
Learn more about teen dating violence: http://www.teendvmonth.org/